Welcome to 2021. As we all reflect on the events of 2020, we are faced with stricter rules and another change in living as has become the norm in the past year. This means that struggling individuals would most likely struggle more and turn to crime as a short-term solution for a long-term problem. It means that through all the restrictions imposed on our lives we also have to be more aware of our surroundings, more vigilant and prepared for unforeseen emergencies. The landscape of how things used to be done has changed completely, paving the way to uncertainty and doubt. As a company involved in safety and security it is important to know that even though most things in and around our daily lives have seen some form of change, our commitment to safety and security for all individuals and communities have not changed.
At MyLifeline we understand that during this time of uncertainty, what people want most is to feel safe, to have peace of mind in the event of an emergency. There are a number of things that each of us can do to help safeguard our health, and the health of those around us. We can all play our part in flattening the curb by adhering to the regulations created to protect us. Apart from that you can protect yourself and your loved ones living on their own with a panic button from MyLifeline. With our new reality in play a panic button is no longer a need, but a necessity. As struggling individuals turn to crime in order to provide for their own families, it is important to have a device with you that can offer help in a time of need, and can alert your closest contacts to the emergency with an approximate location via SMS.
The MyLifeline panic pendant:
- A matchbox size device capable of two-way voice with own SIM card and number.
- A 3-second press is all it takes to send a panic signal and SMS to five emergency contacts as nominated by you.
- Access to free software for monitoring purposes.
- GPS enabled device with approximate location functionality.
- Three-day battery life under good network conditions.
- Waterproof device.
- Choice of preferred service provider.
- 24/7 monitoring, 365 days a year.
- No need for a cellular phone or mobile application as device functions independently.
- Storage of all Health-related information to be made available on request in an emergency including allergies, blood type, chronic conditions etc.
- Low monthly subscription fees and can be paid in advance.
- ICASA approved.
All our devices are sold separately with an upfront cost for the unit, and the additional monthly subscription of R99.00 unless purchased with a subscription paid in advance, either 12 or 24 months. MyLifeline also has opportunities available for new business partners involved in security that wishes to stock and resell our panic pendant. MyLifeline currently has business partners in seven countries – and makes sense why we are the number one choice when it comes to safety and security. All our products were created and tested from a SAIDSA approved control room meaning we understand the industry we are operating in, and not just a device supplier.